Gevelbepleistering of crepi, een lust voor het oog
The facade of your house is also the appearance of your house. By using facade plastering or crepi you can often significantly improve this appearance. Facade plastering is also a way to give your facade a beautiful finish or to renovate it, whether you opt for minerali crepi or Kunsthars crepi. However, whatever the motivation may be, it is of the utmost importance that the plastering is applied professionally.
The advantages of facade plastering or crepi
If your facade still needs to be finished, or even renovated, you would do well to consider facade plastering. In many cases this is a great solution, with a cosmetic effect.
• It is an effective and affordable way to finish the facade.
• Facade plastering is ideal when it comes to renovating old or damaged facades.
• If you have the facade plastered, you can immediately insulate the outer wall and use the plaster as a finishing layer.
• Facade plastering is waterproof. So moisture no longer absorbs into the facade.
• Water vapor from the inside to the outside is allowed to pass through. This improves the water balance in the wall.
• In contrast to bricks, the facade will have an even, sleek look.
The advantages of facaTypes of facade plastering and crepide plastering or crepi
Two types of facade plaster can be distinguished, mineral plaster and synthetic resin plaster. These consist for the most part of the same components. The big difference is in the binders used. For example, the mineral plaster has a mix of lime and cement and the synthetic resin plaster has synthetic resin as a binder. A choice is made depending on the reason for the facade plastering.
The properties of mineral and synthetic resin plasters
Mineral plaster or crepi
• Binder is cement and / or lime, sand, filler, colorant and water.
• Ecological product with a water-resistant effect and vapor permeable.
• Slightly sensitive to dirt and algae and moss.
• Not very flexible, but can be applied thickly (renovation).
• Offers the possibility to add texture to the plaster.
The mineral plaster consists of cement, sand and lime that we mix together. This is a natural product that can breathe and absorb and release moisture. This crepi plaster is water-repellent, but we can absorb a little moisture, which is why a blue stone is usually placed on the underside to prevent it from absorbing moisture.
Among the mineral crepis we also distinguish the scratch and sanding plasters. This has nothing to do with the quality, only the way of application.
The application of mineral plaster is done in one layer. of maximum 15mm layer thickness. After a drying time, we apply the structure to the plaster with a scratch board.
Synthetic resin plaster, crepi or silicone plaster
• Binder is synthetic resin or silicone.
• Is elastic and therefore less susceptible to tearing.
• Not very sensitive to dirt and algae and moss.
• Less suitable for smoothing out irregularities, because the plaster must be applied thinly.
We call the synthetic plaster silicone plaster or synthetic resin plaster. This is made on the basis of synthetic resin and is super light and elastic. This is very hard and waterproof and can therefore take a beating. Driving rain cannot penetrate and scratches can be prevented. This is super suitable for renovations together with exterior wall insulation.
We apply this synthetic resin facade plaster in 3 layers:
1. The base plaster is the first layer that we reinforce with a reinforcement mesh.
2. Afterwards we apply an adhesive layer to allow the synthetic resin plaster to adhere well.
3. Afterwards it is the silicone resin or crepi that we apply.
The big advantage of this one is that you can choose from different colors. You can also determine the grain sizes. However, we work almost exclusively with the smallest grain.
However, dirt has nothing to do with grain size. You see dirt more quickly on silicone plaster than on mineral decorative plaster. Those who like a sleek, smooth surface should opt for a synthetic resin plaster rather than a mineral plaster.
Request a quote for insulation crepi price, which insulation for crepi or crepi insulation thickness
After you have made a choice with the expert for the type of plaster that will be used to decorate your facade, it is time to decide on the finishing options for the decorative plaster. After all, the finish determines the appearance that your facade will get.
You can choose from different textures. If you would like a smooth, even outer wall, then choose a fine grain. The finer the grain, the smoother the result will be. We only work with the best manufacturers such as knauf .
If you decide to have your facade plastered, you can choose from a range of colors. Get good advice, because the color of the decorative plaster affects its lifespan. When it comes to insulated facade plastering, lighter colors are best suited. Thermal stress can arise when using the dark colors, which increases the risk of cracking.
To give you an idea of the method, we will show you point by point what the method is when a facade is provided with decorative plaster :
1. The preparation. The scaffolding is built up and, depending on the type of finish, approx. 50 cm of soil is excavated at the bottom of the facade for the bitumen mixture. This later serves to protect the plaster. Windows and doors are covered with plastic.
2. Corner profiles are placed. To reinforce the corners and also as a guide for the decorative plaster material. Since no moisture is allowed to intervene later, this is an accurate job.
3. Placing the reinforcement mesh. A special glass fiber reinforcement is applied to bridge irregularities (if any).
4. Plastering facade. The following applies to the synthetic resin
plaster : 1st a base coat on the cement or lime base.
2nd a primer layer for adhesion.
3rd applying the plaster.
The above method applies to both types of decorative plaster, except that no gray cement or lime layer is used as a substrate for the mineral decorative plaster.
Would you like more information? Or a tailor-made offer? Then contact us without any obligation . We are happy to help!